Unfortunately many people underestimate the importance of skin care. Skin, our largest organ, must be protected from the elements. Our layers of skin protect us from the elements and play a vital role in immune system. By nourishing skin on the outside, we are also protecting our insides. Skin topography is the most important indicator of a person’s age. The quality of skin is one of the first physical factors we notice upon meeting someone. Strictly following a skin care regime can take years off a person by slowing down the natural signs of aging. Cultivating healthy and vibrant skin immediately increases a person’s natural beauty as well. Finding natural skin care products among the hype and confusion can be a challenge for even the most care of shoppers. When shopping, it is important to note that products with labels such as “dermatologist tested” and “all natural” give no signal about the quality of the product.
Here are the worst skin care ingredients:
- Mineral oil or petroleum- derived from crude oil which is known to suffocate the skin by covering it with a impenetrable film
- Parabens- preservatives known to disrupt the endocrine system
- Ethyl alcohols- alcohol which dries out and irritates the skin
Each person has his or her own skin care needs, but here are some suggestions of natural skin care products which will not damage the skin.
1) The Young Living Every Day Essential Oil Collections is a wonderful introductory kit to essential oils. The vast benefits of using essential oils has been undisputed for centuries. Young Living only distributes therapeutic-grade oils, which are a natural remedy to many of the skin’s problems. For instance, lavender can be smoothed over a minor cut or burn to alleviate pain. The 9 5 mL oils come with an informational booklet and is $151.32.
2) The Body Shop’s Coconut Body Butter is the ultimate moisturizer. Especially helpful in the wintertime, this thick blend of Shea and coconut butter is intensively moisturizing and leaves the skin delightfully scented. The body butter has a creamier texture than standard lotions, and a little product goes a long way. The 7 oz. tub runs for $18.00.
3) Facial Creme and Sunscreen by Kiss My Face is a must use product for daily wear. This facial creme is fortified with botanicals and antioxidant minerals to soothe damaged skin. Another perk to this moisturiser is that the SPF 10 sunscreen protects the skin from future damage. This moisturizer is light-weight and non-irritating so it is suitable for those with sensitive skin. The 1 oz. tube costs $21.00.
4) Burt’s Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser gently removes dirt, oil, and make- up. Royal jelly, one of the most nutrient-rich compounds nourishes the skin while the jojoba beads effectively clean the skin. This combination leaves skin looking radiant and feeling soft. The 6 fl. oz bottle costs $10.00
5) The Figs and Leaves Soap by Lush Cosmetics is also very nourishing for the skin. The enticing scent of figs and spices is coupled with aloe vera to moisturize and exofoliate the skin. This soap is sulfate free and costs $7.60 for 3.5 fl oz.